Cases when air transportation is necessary:
• Transcontinental air-freight transportation
• Urgent air-freight transportation
• Sending of freights by plane to hard-to reach and isolated regions
• Air transportation of specific or high-value loads, e.g., animals or sensitive equipment
Freights appropriate for sending by plane:
· Freights, requiring special conditions of delivery
· Heavy-weight freights
· Outsize and hazardous freights in specific situations
· And many others.
Most of the freight aircrafts are designed for huge amounts of freights; however, transportation of such amounts is required by no means always. In this case we offer our clients transportation of “consolidated loads”.
Cost of air-freight transportation
Settlement rules for the freight’s volumetric weight are established by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). The formula provided below is used for determining the cost of air-freight transportation by plane.
Cost of airfreight is calculated on the basis of two main parameters of the freight:
1. actual (or gross) weight = weight of the freight
2. volumetric weight
Cost of air transportation is made up of 3 criteria:
1.airfreight (calculated according to the volumetric or actual weight, the bigger of them)
2.fuel surcharge (according to the actual weight)
3.security fee (according to the actual weight)